Britain’s ‘scariest’ mother and wife, 43, jailed to protect family after years of torment

An abusive mother and wife have been jailed after she tortured her family with abuse. Tammie Moore caused havoc with her harassment campaign and was described as an ‘thorn in the side’.

Moore and was said to be “just having fun” with the suffering and trouble she caused. The 43-year-old would regularly beat her husband and daughter and scream during violent confrontations.

Her own daughter called her a “scary woman” who made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Moore, of Hull, admitted two offenses on January 30 and 31 of assaulting her husband, one of assaulting her daughter and six of violating a restraining order, StokeonTrentLive reports.

READ MORE: Midland hospitals to ignore government advice on parking fees for NHS staff

Amber Hobson, prosecutor, said a two-year restraining order was issued on September 1, 2020, barring Moore from contacting her son, daughter and husband. But Moore’s son found her in his kitchen at 4:45 PM, smoking Spice, after entering through an unlocked door. He asked her to leave and she did.

The next day, Moore went there again at 12:35 pm, the buzzer rang and shouted to get his attention. She kept screaming and said she wanted a divorce from his father. “She yelled swear words at him for ten minutes before she left,” said Miss Hobson.

Tammie Moore

At 12:55 PM she went to her daughter’s house and yelled, “You’d better let me in” and kept yelling to be let in. She later went to Ferensway at 2:45pm and yelled at her husband and son before pushing her husband on the shoulders with both hands and waving her right arm towards him, missing him, before hitting him on the cheek.

At 4:30 PM she went to her husband’s house, rang the bell, tried the door handle, and knocked on the door before screaming. “He looked out and saw the defendant,” said Miss Hobson.

Moore approached all three of them in Queens Gardens at 6:35 p.m. before yelling at her husband and swinging three punches at his face, hitting his forehead and cheek, before hitting her daughter on the cheek.

She later told police that she had been drinking vodka, but was not drunk or addicted to alcohol. She was still legally married to her husband, but was with someone else.

Moore’s husband said in a statement: “This incident makes me constantly concerned for my safety. I struggle with my anxiety and I am afraid to leave my property.”

He added: “I have pets at my address and I’m afraid she will harm them. Tammie has no right to attack me.”

Her daughter said: “She just leaves me hurt. I feel quite violated. I just know what will happen when she is released. When I hear her voice, the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. She’s a scary woman. I just want her to leave me alone.’

Moore, of North Tower Block, Melville Street, Hull, had been convicted of 58 previous convictions, including assault with bodily harm, assault and harassment. She was violating an eight-week suspended sentence imposed by the Hull magistrates on September 1, 2020.

She had also received a community warrant at Hull Crown Court in June last year for harassment and violating the suspended sentence. Michele Stuart-Lofthouse, softening, said Moore had led a chaotic lifestyle for a long time, but had been given opportunities in the past.

Miss Stuart-Lofthouse said, “It will take some time for her to be fully rehabilitated.” Judge Mark Bury told Moore: “You violated that restraining order because you assaulted your daughter and your husband and you went to a place you were not allowed to go and you interacted with your son.

“You haven’t learned your lesson yet. It must be jail this time, first of all to protect your family from you, to give them rest, because you are an eyesore, and to punish you.’

It was a pattern of behavior and Moore clearly “taken pleasure in it” by irritating and attacking and yelling at them. Moore was sentenced to 15 months in prison and a five-year restraining order.

After the hearing, Moore’s husband, who was in the courtroom with his son and daughter, said: “We are pleased with the outcome.” They declined to comment further.

Leave a Comment