👋 Happy Friday everyone! I know we revealed our daily drivers earlier this week, but personally I’m in the market for a new phone, and yesterday I might have finally found it…
Pixel 7, Pixel Watch, and Pixel Buds designs revealed
We’re still a few weeks out from Google’s official Pixel event on October 6, but the company has decided to jump the gun and reveal the full designs. You can see the image above, but here’s what we’ve learned:
- The image, shared in the “Pixel Superfans Community” on Facebook, shows two Pixel 7 Pros, two Pixel Watches, and a new set of Pixel Buds.
- The group is private, so more details aren’t available, with the image taken from the group’s public-facing header.
- Of course, we first saw the back of the Pixel 7 Pro way back in May at Google I/O, but this is the first time we’re seeing the display.
- From the image, it appears that it’s quite a bit flatter than the Pixel 6 Pro.
- Our polling has indicated that curved screens are pretty divisive, so this is probably the right call.
- Google also released a promotional video for the Pixel Watch, which you can see here.
- It looks pretty sleek, with a round design with a crown and a single button on the side.
- We also got a look at some watch faces, several of which are tied to Fitbit.
- The Pixel Watch website also indicates you’ll need a Fitbit account to access some features, which is strange because Fitbit is getting rid of its accounts.
Pricing and other leaks
- But wait, there’s more!
- Another significant leak yesterday may have revealed the Pixel 7 series pricing, and it’s good news.
- If accurate, the prices of the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro will match their predecessors at $599 and $899.
- That’s might not seem surprising, but given the current economic climate, it may be a rarity.
- We rated the Pixel 6 as the best value smartphone you can buy, so it looks like the Pixel 7 will follow suit.
- Granted, this is only shows US pricing. If Google takes a page from the iPhone 14 book, EU and UK pricing may increase substantially.
- The bigger question is what will happen to the Pixel 6 series pricing. Will it still be sold at a lower price, like the iPhone 13? Or be phased out entirely?
- Personally, I’m hoping for the former. A Pixel 6 at $499 would be a steal, although it would bump up against the Pixel 6a at $449.
- Unless that one is cheaper too? A boy can dream.
- Check out more Pixel 7 rumors in our dedicated hub.
- Hot off the press: a separate leak has revealed size and storage details for the Pixel Tablet. When it rains it pours.
🧑⚖️ Facebook users sue Meta for bypassing beefy Apple security to spy on millions using code injected into third-party sites (Arstechnica).
Never underestimate Japan when it comes to strange, but possibly innovative ideas. Earlier this month, Tokyo’s Shibuya district was home to a Tinder-themed convenience store called SwipeMart. There, 18+ visitors were treated to freebies like Tinder socks and “Super Like” potato chips. If you were lucky, you might have even found the love of your dreams like the woman in the promotional video.
It sounds ridiculous (and it is, honestly), but youths were lined up outside the store to snag a picture for their Tinder profiles. Unfortunately, it was only open from September 16-19, although judging by the buzz created online, it’s likely another store will pop up soon.