We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Senior Leadership Team as Director of Housing (Landlord Services, Asset Management and Development).
This is a ‘strategic work’. You have strategic, relational and operational responsibilities, including: strategic oversight and responsibility for your position; relationship management, both internally and externally, and responsibility for the practical skills and tools to do the job and ensure it is done to a high standard.
St Basils has an important mission to ensure that homelessness is not part of growing up for any young person. Our service delivery business is located in the West Midlands because we believe in partnership and the collective use of our resources, intelligence and skills. However, we do have national reach through our strategic prevention frameworks for positive pathways and youth voice. Our properties support young people’s ability to develop their skills, confidence and opportunities; to feel safe and valued. The quality must be of the highest. We are a registered social landlord, a charity and a BVBA. You are not attracted to us because of the salary level. You are attracted to us if you want to learn and develop and make a significant difference in the lives of others. If you have the experience, will and skill we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people a year in the West Midlands region with dedicated services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry.
The main activities specific to the position are:
- You will lead the development and implementation of our youth housing strategy, including the nature and type of St Basils housing programs as well as advancement opportunities.
- You will oversee the development, updating and delivery of our asset strategy, including inventory condition, investments, purchase, sale and lease or management agreements through planned and responsive maintenance plans and programs.
- You are responsible for overseeing and managing our landlord and housing management services.
- You are responsible for developing strategic and operational partnerships to realize the strategy.
The ideal person can demonstrate:
- Degree in relevant subject matter and/or evidence of management development and continuing professional development
- Experience managing landlord services in an assisted housing, administrator or general needs context.
- Experience in managing budgets/operations within tight financial conditions and/or competing priorities.
- Experience in providing guidance and advice to senior managers, committees or board of directors.
In exchange for your skills and experience, St Basils can offer the following benefits:
- 28 vacation days per year plus 8 public holidays per year, pro rata
- Childcare, bike to work and life insurance
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellbeing Support
- Long Service Awards
- Health Regulations
- Free mandatory training
- Improved DBS check and renewal covered by St Basils
- National Express Discount
- Technology Scheme Vouchers
- Discounts on shopping, leisure and days out
More information about this vacancy can be found in the attached Applicant Information Package
If you require further information, please contact St Basils, Human Resources Department on 0121 772 2483, or email email@example.com.
Please note that if you have not heard from our recruitment team within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has been rejected.
St Basils is committed to a policy to ensure equal employment opportunities for all and to take action to prevent discrimination.
As users of the Disability Trust Program, we guarantee that we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our job postings.