Published on December 19, 2019
Congratulations on your enrollment in a 2020 Marketplace plan! Now that you’re covered, don’t forget to pay your monthly
to your health insurance company (not the Marketplace) to activate your coverage. Your coverage won’t start until you do.
Can I pay my premium online?
It depends. Each insurance company handles premium payments differently, so follow your plan’s instructions carefully. If you have the option to pay online, follow these steps:
- Log into your Marketplace account.
- Choose your application under “Your Existing Applications.”
- Click the blue button “Pay Your First Health Insurance Monthly Premium.”
- Choose the green button “Pay for Health Plan Now” to go to your insurance company’s website to pay.
Not sure you’ve paid?
- Find out if your health insurance is active by checking your online Marketplace account.
- If you think you’re enrolled but have questions about your plan, contact your insurance company. You can also check your plan materials. Your plan should send you a membership package with enrollment materials and a health insurance card.