Shubman Gill becomes the youngest player to record a double century in an ODI: Five Youngest Players to Score 200 in an ODI
Shubman Gill incredible double hundred against New Zealand on Wednesday set a tonne of records (January 18). In addition to becoming the highest individual scorer in the limited overs cricket match against New Zealand, Gill has become just the fifth Indian player to get a 200 in ODIs.Shubman Gill
The batsman struck three straight sixes to reach his first double-century during his elite innings in Hyderabad, which came in fine form. The list of his milestones and accomplishments in this nascent career is long and includes becoming the second-fastest player to 1000 ODI runs at the moment. Being the youngest player to strike a double century in ODIs is another noteworthy accomplishment made by the elegant batter. Here, including Shubman Gill, are the five ODI double-hundred-run scorers who are the youngest ever.
Read More: IPL Auction 2022 Highlights: 5 Major Takeaways
- Shubman Gill (India): Shubman Gill scored his 200th ODI run, making him the youngest player to do so. It took him 23 years, and 132 days to accomplish it. In an inning with 19 fours and 9 sixes, the youthful batter ended up scoring 208 runs off just 149 balls. The hitter also scored his second and eighth fifty-plus scores in ODIs since the beginning of 2022, marking consecutive centuries.
- Ishan Kishan (India): The youngest player to reach a double hundred until Wednesday was Ishan Kishan of India (January 18). At the age of 24 years and 145 days, Kishan defeated Bangladesh in December 2022, scoring his first double-century. During his amazing knock, he struck 10 sixes and scored 210 runs off just 131 balls. Additionally, Kishan made history by becoming the first player to score a double hundred in his debut international innings. The left-handed Indian batsman who has scored more than 200 goals in an ODI is the only one who plays the southpaw position.
- Rohit Sharma (India): In ODI history, only Rohit Sharma has scored three double century. At the age of 26 years and 186 days, the Indian captain won his first match against Australia. In that game, he scored 209 points. His second double hundred came in 2014, when the Indian batsman made history by reaching 264 runs at the age of 27 years, 197 days. His 264 is the greatest individual score in an ODI contest.
- Fakhar Zaman (Pakistan) Fakhar Zaman, the brisk starting pitcher for Pakistan, is listed fourth. In 2018, the southpaw performed a brilliant inning against Zimbabwe, striking an unbeaten 210 off just 156 balls. He is the only player from Pakistan to have reached 200 in an ODI. When he attained the milestone, he was 28 years and 101 days old.
- Martin Guptill (New Zealand) The top-five ranking is completed by Martin Guptill. At the age of 28 years and 172 days, he hit his lone 200 against the West Indies in 2015. With 24 fours and 11 sixes, the Kiwi hitter scored an undefeated 237 off only 163 balls. Guptill is New Zealand’s third-highest scorer in the 50-over format with 7346 runs in ODIs.
Being the first Indian batsman to do so, Shubman Gill displayed exceptional talent and poise while opening the batting. He batted well to reach his first double-hundred.Shubman Gill
He destroyed the Kiwi assault and scored a knock that included 19 fours and 9 enormous sixes. The hitter eventually scored 208 runs in just 149 balls, becoming the first player to do so in an ODI when playing against a foreign team.
Shubman Gill To reach 200, Gill hits three sixes: Without a doubt, Shubman Gill inning was one of the best ones can watch, but the extra flourish of his inning was the method by which the batter attained his double century. When Gill blasted three successive sixes to reach 200 in the 49th over off the bowling of his old IPL partner Lockie Ferguson, it was an authoritative inning at its best.
Read More: What is Taxi Insurence and How to Claim Taxi Insurence?
Ferguson throws a slower ball in the fourth over at 48.1, and Shubman Gill takes it up down the leg side for a SIX! As the intended yorker was missed and went for SIX, Gill (188* 48.2) clubs him to the ground. Gill—194* 48.3—This one goes over the far-off. Shubman Gill treated it correctly and sent it flying over the fence for SIX while it was in the slot. Shubman Gill – 200*
Shubman Gill stands out from the competition because of his daring in making these wild shots when it mattered most. His batting aura, mindset, and poise make him a really intimidating opponent, as seen by Shubman Gill inning against a top-notch Kiwi attack. The Indian squad in the dugout applauded the youngster’s brilliance for illuminating the crowd at the Uppal stadium in the City of the Nizams and praised his talent.
The Indian player Shubman Gill who scored 1000 ODI runs the fastest was the batsman. At 68.88 after just 19 innings, he presently owns the greatest ODI average. Despite the fact that it is still early, the 23-year-old will if not already, be a valuable member of the Indian team. There was never any question about his talent, and now there is also consistency. One thing is certain, though: He will continue on and set a lot more records along the way.